StoreVirtual Storage
1752799 Members
6234 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: StoreVirtual Multipathing Extension Module for vSphere 5.5 missing VMFS datastores

MartinGriesbach
Occasional Visitor

Re: StoreVirtual Multipathing Extension Module for vSphere 5.5 missing VMFS datastores

Hi,

got the same issue with ESXi 6.0 U1b and all the latest 12.5 Lefthand.

The "VAAI ATS heartbeat" was not the problem. None of the mentioned symptoms.

After rebooting the ESX host the datastore was mounted for a short time and then disconnected.

The tip with the rescan worked for me until the next reboot. Same procedure then ...

If found out that there was not the right SATP selected. PSP was "HP_PSP_LH" but SATP was "VMW_SATP_DEFAULT_AA" not "HP_SATP_LH" as expected.

Then I played around some time with the SATP-Rules and found out that "VMW_SATP_DEFAULT_AA" is default for iSCSI connections. The user rules from the HP MEM seem to have no effect. So I added the following rule (one line):

esxcli storage nmp satp rule add -e "My fxxxing custom rule" -M iSCSIDisk -V LEFTHAND -P HP_PSP_LH -s HP_SATP_LH

After the next reboot of the ESXi host the problems were gone.

Can you please verify this ???

david11
Advisor

Interesting find, please post back if it still works with no issues over the next month in your production enviroment.  I will try it after you confirm that because I'm not brave enough to cause production downtime again.

Semplify

Any updates on this?

BenLoveday
Valued Contributor

I'm keen to know if this has been resolved also. I'm in the process of installing the 5.5 MEM driver v12.0.0.62 but I can't find the offline bundle, only the .vib files. Has anyone found these?

Also, there appears to be no real release notes for the MEM drivers considering the file version names keep changing (regardless of the LHOS version). Can anyone comment on this?

Cheers,

Ben Loveday