1752796 Members
6065 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: StoreVirtual OS 12.7 is out

vsr_1
Frequent Visitor

where can we download VSA 12.7 for Hyper-V?

At https://h20392.www2.hpe.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=StoreVirtualSW we only see KVM and Vsphere.

Thanks in advanced

SVprodmgr
Frequent Advisor

We plan to release the HyperV Windows 2016 installer for StoreVirtual VSA 12.7 in mid July.  Thanks for the question.

Amy Mitchell

StoreVirtual Product Manager

I'm an HPE employee working in product management
MaxwellNation

I have also been receiving various packet loss email notifications since the upgrade to 12.7 only coming from my 4335s. I have some 4530s, but do not receive any notifications from them. I opened a case with HP support on Thu 6/22/2017 9:10 AM and have so far received nothing of any value. For the most part the tech has pointed the finger at it being a networking issue and my switch ports for the systems show nothing as far as any packet loss or other troubles.

JazzyB
Occasional Advisor

I'm having the same issue with 12.7 which i upgraded to in our QA environment last week. We get between 0.8-1.5% packet loss overnight while we are backing up databases. We have never seen this with versions 11.5-12.6 and nothing on the network side has changed - same hardware, same config. I checked and we already have the Lefhand OS on the iSCSi network segment. Only managment is on its own network. Everything is 1GBe in our setup but its low traffic.

Not seeing any latency on our VMware datastores either.

I'm holding off upgrading any of our other environments until i can find a resolution. Something has definately been changed between 12.6 and 12.7.

BenLoveday
Valued Contributor

I noticed that the 12.7 release notes link does not work any longer...does anyone know what has happened? Are there some changes being made to the doco?

Cheers,

Ben

JazzyB
Occasional Advisor

I tried to download the 12.7 release notes 3 weeks ago and the link was dead. I do however have a copy from when the link was active a few weeks earlier. I can only assume they have pulled the notes for some reason?

SVprodmgr
Frequent Advisor

The 12.7 release notes were accidentally removed for a few days when we made an update to them on July 24th.  We updated the 12.7 release notes because we released the HyperV version of StoreVirtual VSA for 12.7 (which supports Windows 2016). 

Amy Mitchell

StoreVirtual Product Manager

I'm an HPE employee working in product management
GordonB2

+1 for getting Excessive packet loss alerts after upgrading 4 x 4330 from 12.6 to 12.7. Again no alerts were received before upgarding to 12.7. Call logged with HP but no real progress made so far.

Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Can anyone PLEASE provide me a usable phone number for HP SLED to request quotes for HP StoreVirtual licenses????

I work for a non-profit that can buy things via HP SLED but resellers don't seem to know how to hook me up with HP SLED and the HP SLED contact I had last year has disappeared and the phone number does not work and the phone number I found for Northeast SLED only gives me surveys.

Thank you, Tom

Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

ALSO -- wrt getting new licenses, which apparently HPE requires -- no such thing as a renewal, how does one know whether to get 4TB or 10TB licenses -- is this determined by the total storage on the server itself?? My understanding is that it's the total storage per server. Thank you, Tom