New Discussion

Re: StoreVirtual VSA EOSL?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thomas_SG
Advisor

StoreVirtual VSA EOSL?

Dear Community

I reached out to my local vendor the other day to renew my VSA license and support, where I was told that "Please note HPE can no longer support this item after: 30.04.2018"

This is the only information I received and the vendor is still trying to get more info from HP, but with no luck so far.

Does anyone here know what's going to happen after Apr next year for this product?

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

I"m not an HPE employee so call this double-hearsay, but my guess is that the renewal SKU you are getting is going EOL and not the VSA platform itself.  Their naming conventions suck and my guess is the name is was is changing.  It was P4000, then VSA, storevirtual VSA, then storevirtual VSA 2014, my guess is you have the VSA edition and its going EOL, but you can get a VSA 2014 update to maintain your support.  For a while they did the same thing with the downloads and it was confusing unless you just ignored all the labeling and just did your thing. 

Thomas_SG
Advisor

Thanks for the feedback.

I believe I have the latest version "VSA 2014". I am running 12.6 at the moment and have been running it since it came out. I noticed 12.7 was just released as well.

Someone told me that "do not pay attention to the date on the contract. Once the new version of code (14.0) is rolled out, the support iussue will self-connect".

So maybe this is what you are saying as well.....

Thomas_SG
Advisor
Solution

So it looks like the issue was around part numbers or SKUs where the SKU was for the old VSA. Waiting for HP to get back to me with a quote for the VSA 2014 SKU.