Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StoreVirtual VSA boot order

Giansiddu
Occasional Visitor

StoreVirtual VSA boot order

Hi to everyone,

I've read lots of hp technote, forum messages , but at this time I'm still not able to predict how the storevirtual VSA will behave during a unplanned shutdown of esx hosts (for instance power outage for the datacenter).

In a branch office we have a VSA 11.5\vSphere 5.5, the two ESXi hosts form a cluster, all VM 's , included the VSA, are in the HA Cluster (NO drs).

The VSA are installed on a local datastore, so they cannot be vmotioned (that's right, useless..) but they are in HA cluster, as I cannot exclude from it.

What happen when I boot the ESXi host ? If the VSA doesn't complete the procedure no iscsi datastore will be available, so the production VM's won't go online..

The "vm restart priority" applies only in a HA failover scenario in which at least a ESX host is online, not in a complete power on scenario.

How should be setup the VSA on a such scenario ?

Thanks,

Regards

Gianluca

2 REPLIES
HPstorageTom
HPE Pro

Re: StoreVirtual VSA boot order

You need to install a hp_iscsi_rescan script on the VMware server to overcome the shortcomings of the VMware boot process. This is a script that rescans for known iSCSI target for a duration of 30 minutes, or until vSphere has connected to all of them.

You can find the Offline Bundle/VIB in the StoreVirtual Directory on vibsdepot .

It is available for ESX version 5.0/5.1 and 5.5.

Giansiddu
Occasional Visitor

Re: StoreVirtual VSA boot order

Thanks,

just two question..how can I install the script in ESX ?

How can I start VSA before  others VM's ?

Thank you

Gianluca