7407 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: StoreVirtual VSA

CraigV
Advisor

StoreVirtual VSA

Hi,

I am busy trialing the StoreVirtual VSA with a client with the opportunity to roll this out on 2 sites, and give me a new go-to-market for smaller clients who might not necessarily require an array like a P2000 (of any version).

We've successfully installed the FOM and 2 x VSA appliances on 2 x HP ProLiant DL380 G6 servers, and configured the storage from within the CMC. I can see a LUN of 100GB available...

However, my issue is presenting this to the 2 ESX hosts, and I don' t know what I am missing. What I AM missing is a comprehensive installation guide with proper steps instead of having to trawl through 3 different manuals.

This will be an iSCSI connection between the VSAs and the hosts, and although I present the LUNs to the hosts, no connection is made.

Do I need to use CHAP/Mutual CHAP/no CHAP? Is there something I need to do on the hosts which definitely doesn't seem to be covered in the manuals?

Is there a thorough installation guide someone can send to me (official or created personally)?

Both myself and the client like the product but if we can't get it to work, we then need to consider putting in an array.

Thanks!

Craig

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

Re: StoreVirtual VSA

@CraigV 

Just saw your questions here - did you get these answered?  If it's not too late, I'm happy to help.  Let me know.