1753905 Members
9538 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Support Options

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

Let me provide a bit more color.  When you run StoreVirtual VSA, there are two main components:

• the VSA (that runs as a VM) - you're running pre-2014.
  • The OS - and you're currently running 12.5.

So not to confuse things with today's containers but think of VSA as a container and StoreVirtual OS runs within the VSA container. When we moved to StoreVirtual VSA 2014, that underlying VSA changed dramatically to make it easier to support new features.  From what I've heard, 12.5 is the last OS that will work with the old VSA.  So what drove StoreVirtual VSA 2014 was technical. What I don't know is how to get you from the old to the new and that might take your account manager. 

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

@Tom Lyczko wrote:

I imagine most people on this list who use HP VSA are running the 2014 and later versions.

HPE must organize itself and issue a definitive statement about EOS/EOL for this product.

Tom - the definitive statement was released a few years ago. The issue here is that someone on chat didn't realize that StoreVirtual VSA 2014 is the replacement for the older VSA.  The old VSA is EOS - and has been for over 2 years and it is EOL.  

Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

OIC :) Thank you, Tom