5512 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading SAN/iq from 9.0/9.5 to 11

Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

Upgrading SAN/iq from 9.0/9.5 to 11

Hi.

My Management Group contains 2 nodes running 9.0, and 2 nodes running 9.5. I have upgraded the CMC to 11.0. As I understand I must upgrade the group to 10.5, and then to 11.0.

However, when I start the upgrade wizard I get this warning:

Volume found that exceeds the online upgrade limit.

The following clusters have at least one volume or snapshot with an extremely large amount of data written to it.

Do I need to stop the access fra my Hyper-V Cluster to perform the upgrade?

11 REPLIES 11
oikjn
Honored Contributor

are you using snapshots as a backup?  sounds like you have a really old snapshot that has grown too large.  You can contact support to see if they can get around that warning, but my guess is you will have to decide if you want to delete that snapshot or just stay on the version you are running.

Remember, if you do delete the snapshot, if its that large, it will take some time to actually be deleted after you tell it to delete.

Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

I am not using snapshots as a backup. If that was the case, I would see them under "Volumes and Snapshots", right?

oikjn
Honored Contributor

yes it would show under the volume.

But it looks like I read that too quick.  you said "volume OR snapshot".  Check to see how much free space you have on that SAN, you might have too little unallocated space.

Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

One cluster is 81% full, the other is 74%. I belive that should be enough?

oikjn
Honored Contributor

totally.  time to open a support case w/ HP :-/

AuZZZie
Frequent Advisor

You won't be able to do a 10.5 to 11 Online upgrade. HP appears to have given up on actually releasing v11 via CMC. They've been stalling and changing dates for the past 5 months. 

I'm pretty sure HP is trying to kill off StoreVirtual. That is the only logical explanation for such pitiful support, update releases and stagnant feature set.  

oikjn
Honored Contributor

I agree that its rather concerning that they can't come out with a standard rollout for the v11 update, but if I see this correctly he's not able to to the v10.5 update either and that is the first problem.  cmc doesn't even offer the v11 update so that isn't causing the error.

Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

I am actually allowed to continue, this is only a warning. But should I do it?

oikjn
Honored Contributor

ah...  I would ask support on that one.  Better safe than sorry.