1753816 Members
8482 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

VMware Appliaction Managed Snapshot Failing

dinger71uk
Occasional Contributor

VMware Appliaction Managed Snapshot Failing

Hi, Ive tried numerous things to get application managed snapshots working using vmware.  Ive read a few posts on here and it still seems to elude me.  I have tried various service accounts on the Pegasus CIM and I have still yet to get it to work.

2 REPLIES 2
Princes
Advisor

Re: VMware Appliaction Managed Snapshot Failing

CMC v9.5.01 Build 0283.0

AASM v9.5.0.1004 P25020

Same problem. Have tried Local Administrator account for the Pegasus CIM (though I believe the issue with vCenter Service running using a Domain Account was recently fixed). Have tried specifying the CIM port number (5989) with the 'Controlling Server IP Address'. Have tried different accounts for the P4000 VSS Service. Have checked and double checked the Authentication Credentials on the vCenter box. At a blank now. Error displayed is as attached screenshot.

Update: Changing Pegasus CIM Service account to logon as Local Administrator actually does produce a slightly different error message (see AASM Error2.JPG)

Princes
Advisor

Re: VMware Appliaction Managed Snapshot Failing

Tried a number of other different combinations of security settings for the various services involved, but still no joy. vCenter is running on Windows 2003 R2 x64 if that makes any difference. vCenter is v5.0.0.29542. There is a single NFS volume present on one of the ESXi Hosts in the Cluster containing the iSCSI P4500 Volume that I am trying to snapshot - I read that there is was a problem with NFS being present, however I believed that to be fixed in the latest built of the AASM.