Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
HPE StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSA Monitoring doesn't works, and Application Managed Snapshot doesn't work neither

Miquel Angel Daniel
Occasional Contributor

VSA Monitoring doesn't works, and Application Managed Snapshot doesn't work neither

We have a two nodes cluster, in any of the, appear nothing in the Monitored Variables. ¿any idea?

The App. Managed Snapshot doesn't works, and the snapshot from the OS using the lefthand hardware provider doesn't works neither. the error in Event ID is:
Unexpected Pegasus CIM Exception:CIM_ERR_FAILED: A general error occurred that is not covered by a more specific error code: "The byte sequence starting at index 8 is not valid UTF-8 encoding.
(Using Windows 2008 R2)
I'm so happy with that product...:-) Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES
Gauche
Trusted Contributor

Re: VSA Monitoring doesn't works, and Application Managed Snapshot doesn't work neither

That sounds like the gateway that all that goes through (CLI, VSS, the perfmonitor) is locked / blocked somehow. I'd call support on that one because I think there are easy fixes / or a patch available for that.
Adam C, LeftHand Product Manger
Miquel Angel Daniel
Occasional Contributor

Re: VSA Monitoring doesn't works, and Application Managed Snapshot doesn't work neither

No, finally it's a bug that will be fixed in the nex release (HP dixit) :-(