Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
HPE StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSA on Server 2012

oikjn
Honored Contributor

VSA on Server 2012

Has anybody done an install of a new VSA on Hyper-V 2012? 

Before I waste my time wiping my test server I want to make sure I won't get stuck trying to install the VSA.

PS: I know it it is listed as supported... looking for someone who actually did it. 

2 REPLIES
David_Tocker
Regular Advisor

Re: VSA on Server 2012

I have installed the FOM - and it works fine. Essentially the FOM is the VSA without storage, so I can't see any installation issues occuring.. Would be interested to see if there is any performance difference vs 2008 r2...

Regards.

David Tocker
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: VSA on Server 2012

slow process, but 1 of 2 VSAs put onto a 2012 system.  I'm also converting the vhd files to vhdx .  Mostly for the extra protection it provides against vhd corruption. 

I'll hold off on performance judgement until everything is synced and back to normal, but the install on 2012 did work once I installed .net3 as a feature... that required the use of an install cd for windows and a little googling.