Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
HPE StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmware application managed snapshot.

Jason Pesick_1
Occasional Visitor

Vmware application managed snapshot.

I have installed the new "HP P4000 Application Aware Snapshot Manager" on my vcenter server. I also configured the authentication console for my management group. When I take a snapshot of one of my volumes I check the box for Application-Managed Snapshot but when I click ok I get the following error  "The application-managed snapshot creation has failed". Am I missing something? Has anyone been able to get this working yet?

6 REPLIES
anunnthorn
Occasional Advisor

Re: Vmware application managed snapshot.

I'm having similar problem but our CMC display "Failed to contact application aware snapshot manager" when we run application-managed snapshot, did you workout a solution?
Dan Nichols
Advisor

Having the same problem with HP P4000 Application Aware Snapshot Manager v9.5.0.966. CMC is installed on a physical server, VC is a VM. I have installed the snapshot manager on the VC and configured the managment group authentication which tests ok.

The CIM server on the VC is on the default port with a default config. and is accessible from the CMC server.

The snapshot creation process errors with "The application-managed snapshot creation has failed." It offers to create a point-in-time snapshot instead.

Anyone have this working yet?

How does the CMC authenticate to vCenter to query the VMs on the LUN and create the VM snapshots?

Is there are log created anywhere?

The documentation is very beta at the moment, with no useful information.

anunnthorn
Occasional Advisor

I figured out a solution, our issue was networking, the CMC and vCenter was on different subnet, the application aware snap works after we enable NAT on the firewall
Dan Nichols
Advisor

In my environment the CMC and vCenter are on different subnets but routing is enabled between them.

I still get the failed to create snapshot error.

Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Check to see if you can ping vCenter from one of the nodes. Use the TCP/IP tab from one the nodes to test basic connectivity.

Make sure you enter the Controlling Servers <IP Address>:<Port Number>.and port number the default is 5989.

Ivanbre
Frequent Advisor

same issue here. Failed to create snapshot.

Anyone got this fixed?