HPE StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning when attempting to remove VSA from Management Group. Ok to proceed?

SOLVED
Go to solution
chadw_1
Advisor

Warning when attempting to remove VSA from Management Group. Ok to proceed?

We had a VMhost fail over last weekend and it two of our VSA's with it. The host and the VSA's were rebuilt and the clusters restriped and all is well. When I used the "exchange" command to replace the dead VSA's with their replacements, it placed the red x'ed dead VSA's up in the management group. I want to remove these now but I get a warning: "This system has not been found on the network. Use the find menu to locate this system. Removing this system from the management group without first finding it on the network can lead to unknown problems. Do you want to remove this system from the management group?"

Is it safe to proceed or will I have "unknown problems" One of the two VSA's was set as a manager if that matters. Screenshot attached.

2 REPLIES
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: Warning when attempting to remove VSA from Management Group. Ok to proceed?

are those nodes 100% gone and never comming back? 

did you re-use the IP addresses when you remade the nodes?

If you answered yes to the first question and no to the second, you are safe to remove.

chadw_1
Advisor
Solution

Re: Warning when attempting to remove VSA from Management Group. Ok to proceed?

Thanks for the reply. Yes they are 100% gone and Yes I did re-use the IP. Support got back to me on this one and it was indeed ok to remove them both. One had been set up to run a manager and it even took care of removing that hook from the management group.

So if anyone is ever in this position. As long as the systems are indeed gone and never coming back, there is no harm in removing them from the management group, even with recycled IP addresses. Smartly, the systems are tracked by MAC address not IP.