1752449 Members
6170 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: When installing HP Application Aware Snapshot, hangs on "Registering Files"

LioxShawn
Occasional Visitor

When installing HP Application Aware Snapshot, hangs on "Registering Files"

When installing the HP_Application_Aware_Snapshot_Installer_9.5.0.1000_P25010.exe, it hangs on "Registering Files", this pretty darn close to the last step in the process. This is on an HP BL460c G6, latest HP firmware and drivers, as well as the latest Microsoft windows optional and required updates. The install seems to hang at that point indefinitely so I kill the install through task manager. Strange thing is it seemed to install everything, just not listed in add/remove programs so I can't seem to uninstall it. My guess is a windows update is causing it to not work, funny thing is another blade of mine installs it great (before windows updates, of course). I don't have the time to find out which one but uninstalling them one by one.

Any thoughts on how to force the uninstall to happen when it didn't actually install?

6 REPLIES 6
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Hi ,

You can check the below link on how to unistall.

http://saw.cce.hp.com/km/saw/view.do?docId=emr_na-c03037557&hsid=36905860

If you have already tried this , you can try uninstall from registry.

Regards

Sudhakar

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star.

For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

LioxShawn
Occasional Visitor

I have tried through add/remove programs as the document suggests. However, because the app didn't completely install past the "registering files" part, it isn't listed there. How would I go about uninstalling from the registry?

Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

hi,

To know how to unistall a program from registry , please check the below link.

Regards

Sudhakar

LioxShawn
Occasional Visitor

Sudhakar, thanks, but I don't see the "below link" you mentioned.

KEKopp
Occasional Visitor

I am experencing this problem. I have uninstalled & even manually cleaned the registery (MS Server 2012 R2). No success.

How does one install the "application aware snapshot manager ver. 12.5" without the above mentioned install hang problem?

oikjn
Honored Contributor

It usually installs just fine.  I think there is an install log created...  what does it say for why its hanging.  My guess is you have some security restriction on a folder that isn't expected and is causing the install to hang becasuse it can't write to the directory it is expecting to be able to. 

The default installer on a default windows install does install without a problem.