4130 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: configure the storage failover

p4000
Occasional Contributor

configure the storage failover

Hi,

I configured VM FOM, in a different storage and never lose connectivity with this FOM

But when I turn off a node LeftHand. I losing conectivdad from ESX, ie I do not see the LUN.

How should you configure the storage failover?

thanks,
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

hi check this docu :

"P4000 Multi-Site HA/DR Solution Pack user
guide"

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01727773/c01727773.pdf

if you have for 2 storage nodes, raid 10 ( 2way mirrored ) you need to have also a FOM, that is available if one storage node is down, FOM is as a quorum.

mikap
p4000
Occasional Contributor

hi,

I have been reviewing the documentation, but I think it is differnt in my environment.

I have a site with two nodes. I need that when a node does not work, can work with volumes in my VMware environment

thanks,
p4000
Occasional Contributor

I forgot to tell you that the quorum FOM, it works without problem, this is in a different storage
Olvi_1
Frequent Advisor

When you turn off one node, what is the disk status in CMC? Normal? No quorum?

Screenshot would be nice...

-olvi
IainS
Frequent Advisor

You do have both SAN nodes clustered together don't you? And the volumes you are using are set to be in Network RAID 10?

The idea of the FOM is that it dictates which of the two nodes is the active one if for some reason they lose connectivity to each other (which usually happens when one goes down for some reason - but could happen even if they are both up).

If you only have one node used for the storage, or the volumes are not in RAID 10 then they won't work if that node fails. The FOM does not have SAN storage itself.
Jitun
HPE Pro

You may be running FOM on a different unit, is the FOM stored in the SAN ?
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo