StoreVirtual Storage
1751909 Members
5061 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iSCSI Acceleration Software Pack...anyone have experience with it?

Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

iSCSI Acceleration Software Pack...anyone have experience with it?

I understand the basic concept of this software license is that it enables the NIC to offload iSCSI software processing to the NIC itself instead of using CPU processing. Does anyone have any real world experience using it? Anything special that might need to be done to better work with the P4300 SANs especially using it with the P4000 Windows Solution Pack (DSM for MPI and VSS)?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. - Hp Forum moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

Re: iSCSI Acceleration Software Pack...anyone have experience with it?

Just an update... so far using the NIC's iSCSI acceleration, the server hangs at "reconnecting" to the iSCSI targets. I can disconnect and then click on connect and they connect up fine, but this is a problem. I have not hooked up the second iSCSI NIC port yet for DSM for MPIO. Anyone have any thoughts?

FYI. I found some blurb about maybe an issue with IP6 bound that interface, so I disabled it and that had no effect on the issue.
Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

Re: iSCSI Acceleration Software Pack...anyone have experience with it?

Ok, turned the iSCSI Acceleration option off and back to using just the regular NIC setup.
This of course works fine as my connections come back up "Connected" after a reboot, so there must be a special setup that I am missing to use the iSCSI Acceleration. I notice that by checking this option, the system creates a HP iSCSI NIC but retains the Windows NIC as well. The Window NIC reports a 169.x.x.x address.