108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iSCSI HP Qlogic 57810 cannot connect to SV4730

SOLVED
Go to solution
werner.zeller
Advisor

iSCSI HP Qlogic 57810 cannot connect to SV4730

Hi, for testing in the lab i configured my vsphre 6 Hosts with the VMware software iSCSI adapter. With that it works fine.

Now on customer site, the host with 2 NIC (1Gb) for mgmt only, and 2x 10Gb HP NICs (57810) for iSCSI. I want to connect the phy. NIC HP qlogic 57810 with the iSCSI iqn to my 4 SV 4730. It does not recognizes  the iSCSI NIC. On the iSCSI Initiator properties it shows ok (picture1). Under Dynamic Discovery I added the Cluster SV 4730 IP (x.x.x.x:3260)

On the SV4730 I pasted the iqn from my iscsi NIC to the Assigned Servers (Pictures2)

What is wrong?

Thanks for your help!

regards

werner

5 REPLIES 5
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Its critical that the iqn listed in the assigned servers list match 100% with the iqn the initiator is reporting.  past that, use the VIP of the cluster as the IP for descovery and connecting to and not the 4 individual ones for the nodes.  As long as those two items are correctly entered, you should be OK for discovery.

werner.zeller
Advisor

Hi OiJKN

Thanks, but I did that (Cluster IP)  in Dynamic Discovery  (Pictures3) Send Targets. No error but no connection....

regards

werner

oikjn
Honored Contributor

if the initiator node name on the server does not exactly match the initiator node name on your server list in CMC AND that server isn't assigned to the LUN, the initiator will not be shown the LUN at all. 

You do not need to fill in the controlling server IP address (if can be left blank), but you must check the box "allow access via iSCSI" and fill in the "initiator node name:" field and also check the box to enable load balancing if appropriate.

my guess is this doesn't match exactly between the server initiator and the setup on CMC.

werner.zeller
Advisor
Solution

Thanks! The box allow access via iscsi is checked (Picture4). Do you have printscreens with this 10Gb HP - Qlogic 57810?

Can I really use this NIC without a software iscsi adapter?

Thanks for your patience!

regards werner

werner.zeller
Advisor

Hi,

this is solved, the networking guy has changed the port tagging.

regards

werner