1753481 Members
4454 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

problem adding new LUN to P4300 system

ncastilloa
Visitor

problem adding new LUN to P4300 system

I want to add a new lun to my system p4300G2 using iscsi initiator but never shows the new target I have another targets added and that are working good, also i am receiving the following error in the event viewer

iSCSI discovery via SendTargets failed with error code 0xefff0002 to target portal *192.168.0.9 0003260 PCI\VEN_19A2&DEV_0712&SUBSYS_3315103C&REV_01\4&3af801d4&0&0218_0 .

Login request failed. The login response packet is given in the dump data.

this problem is only when i try to add another LUN to my servers but I have 1 month that i dont restart the servers and i dont know if it secure restart the server because this error

workaround:

I delete the target portal and add again and i receive the following error:

Authorization failure

when i try to refresh the "discovered targets" an event is registered with the errors above described

note: this is an production environment

can you help me with this issue

P.S.This thread has been moved from Proliant Storage Systems to HP StoreVirtual / HP LeftHand Storage- HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Dirk Trilsbeek
Valued Contributor

Re: problem adding new LUN to P4300 system

any umlauts in the name or description of the new LUN? I believe i had a similar problem once where a german umlaut in the LUN description made the LUN undetectable for a ESX server.

ncastilloa
Visitor

this is windows 2008 environment not esx server, and the name does not have any strange words in the description
ncastilloa
Visitor

can someone help me with this issue ???