108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: store virtual 4330 questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
phillbl1
Frequent Advisor

hi, yeah sorry about that, you are right.  i got confused with another issues regarding some other software we use that is similar.

one last question, when you update the storage nodes, it does do them one at a time?

oikjn
Honored Contributor

you have to upgrade all the nodes in the cluster at the same time.  The CMC controls the process from start to finish.  Basically, if upgrades one node, reboots it, does a resync, upgrades the next node, reboots it, does a resync... rinse and repeat for all the nodes you have.

As long as you have your initiators setup correctly, there will be no loss of connectivity to your LUNs, but if your data is NR0 the LUN will go offline and if you are using NR10/5 you will lose true redundancy until each resync completes. 

You can do the upgrades any time, but I suggest trying to run them when your system load is light as the resync process will take longer when you change more data during the upgrade process.

phillbl1
Frequent Advisor

thanks for all  the comments.  just updated 6 storage nodes to version 10.5.  started it on friday at 830pm and it finished on sunday!  took a lot longer than i thought!

toroklaci

Good morning,

we have just purchased two VirtualStore 4330 devices.

We got the one of them with Lefthand OS 10.0.00.1896.0 version. The other one arrived with Lefthand OS 10.5.00.149.0 version.

How can I upgrade them to Lefthand OS 11?

Thanks