8315 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

store virtual regular manager

phillbl1
Frequent Advisor

store virtual regular manager

hi,

i have 6 storage devices in one management group.  under configuration summary it has a warning saying that i should be running 5 managers.  i have started normal managers on 4 of the nodes but i am unable to add a 5th manager.  

is the reason for this because i have an even number of storage devices?  even if i add a virtual manager or pre configed fom it shows the same 

should i be worried about this or is it because i need another storage unit to made the number odd?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: store virtual regular manager

you can't start a 5th manager on either of the remaining two nodes?  You should be able to.  You shouldn't be using a virtual manager unless you only have two nodes.  What does it say when you try and start a 5h manager?  Is it stuck starting/stopping?  If so, it sounds more like a newtwork communication issue with that node.

I would sooner stick with three nodes than four+VM, but with 6 nodes on one site, there should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to run the manager configuration CMC suggests.

phillbl1
Frequent Advisor

I don't even have the option to start the manager on the node.  If I stop one of the 4 that are running and then select one of the two remaining the option appears.  the option to start the manager seems to disappear once 4 are running.

Thanks

phillbl1
Frequent Advisor

i have also only added the storage to the management group and not the cluster as yet..... this maybe why.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

I don't have a spare node to test, but maybe that is the case.  Please let us know if it changes after you add the extra nodes to the cluster.

In the meantime, I would drop to 3 managers until you can add the 5th.

cheazell
Advisor

I have 4 nodes in one MGMT group in the same cluster as a single site with a FOM. I'm able to start all 4 managers.