StoreVirtual Storage
1748042 Members
4918 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: the is a strange MAC in VSA node ,and unavaiable and cant be remove from management group

jklyekai
Frequent Advisor

the is a strange MAC in VSA node ,and unavaiable and cant be remove from management group

A NODE crash, and cant be removed from the  management group.

I cant copy the same MAC to another CM,Because Its MAC is "RIP0-00:50.56:86BA:BE"  I cant remove it .also cant open the plus of the wrong node.

detail info please ref attached pic.

2 REPLIES 2
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: the is a strange MAC in VSA node ,and unavaiable and cant be remove from management group

once you put in a new node and run the node exchange command it will build the data on the replacement node and when that is 100% done, the RIP node will just go away.  They do that for VSA nodes because in theory (and in practice because the license is based on the MAC address) you will have an RIP node in a cluster and a new node with the same MAC address and that is how they show you which is which.

Ravi_K
HPE Pro

Hello

I see an expert reply that you can use exchange storage to exchnage the ghost IP ( red IP) seen with the newly added node but this is the case when the ghost IP is part of cluster and you wish to add the node to the cluster which was earlier taken in repair mode for maintenance. However, if i am not wrong, the red ip seen here is already out of cluster and so is the problem node vsa007. If you wish to remove the IP out of MG, you will need to get assistance from L2 who can run a command called store_bury to remove the dead/ghost IP out of Management Group

Best Regards

Ravi

Accept or Kudo