108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Applying SPP updates.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave_Thacker
Contributor

Applying SPP updates.

When I'm applying my SPP updates, do I need to update each release, or will the latest release include all needed changes? 

"Leveraging Synergy across all technology platforms!"--Scott Adams
2 REPLIES 2
DanCernese
HPE Pro
Solution

There is no requirement to install one SPP before another.  The latest always rolls forward everything prior.  However, sometimes there are different branches of versions or different certification for vSAN, so read the support center pages or notifications carefully.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DanCernese
HPE Pro

The only time there is a required sequence of SPP is when upgrading from an extremely old recipe of OneView, infrastructure, and SPP firmware and driver to the current.  Those can be done more quickly in offline mode.  However, if the workload must remain operational throughout, a more complex process would be requierd to ensure you're stepping from something very old through only the online supported paths to the latest.  

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo