HPE Synergy
1753935 Members
10009 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Query: Clarifications about Operating System Support on HPE Synergy 480 Gen10

Fabio_Ettore

Clarifications about Operating System Support on HPE Synergy 480 Gen10

Hello,

I'd like to have clarifications about Operating system support on HPE Synergy Service Pack (SSP) 2022.02.01 (HW Synergy 480 Gen10 with 1st Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors).

It's not clear to me if Oracle Linux VM (OVM) is supported.

Facts:

- in the release document of HPE Synergy Custom SPP 2021.01.01, clearly it reports the complete list of Operating System Support and it does not report OVM:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00110311en_us&docLocale=en_US

And such information (regarding the complete list of operating systems support) is not reported in the release document for HPE Synergy Service Pack (SSP) 2022.02.01:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00121170en_us

- the OS Support tool reports OVM "certified with in-distro drivers only":

https://techhub.hpe.com/eginfolib/synergy/sw_release_info/OS_Support.html

"Oracle Linux is supported and certified with in-distro drivers only. Not all model options and configurations are supported."

Does it mean that OVM is supported with any HPE Synergy SPP versions until it's certified with "in-distro drivers only"?

The request is to have the complete list of operating systems supported with HPE Synergy Service Pack (SSP) 2022.02.01 in order to clearly know if OVM is supported and, if so, which version of it.

Thanks for supporting.

Regards,

Fabio

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Clarifications about Operating System Support on HPE Synergy 480 Gen10

System recommended content:

1. HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Plus Compute Module

2. HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Plus Compute Module Maintenance and Service Guide

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Fabio_Ettore

Re: Query: Clarifications about Operating System Support on HPE Synergy 480 Gen10

Hello,

thanks support_s, I already saw that documentation but it's not clear to me if OVM is supported with HPE Synergy Service Pack (SSP) 2022.02.01. If so, which version. That's why I posted in the forum,.

Could anyone please support on this clarification?

Thanks.

Best regads,

Fabio

DanCernese
HPE Pro

I'll apologize on behalf of HPE for the confusion around this OS support.  We will look into making this clearer.

HPE does not support any Synergy SSP on OEL/OVM.  The definitive page is the Synergy OS Support Tool, and we should have the others in sync.  The reason no SSP are listed are because none are supported.

Support for Oracle requires the customer have support for inbox/in-distro drivers from Oracle (and no iSCSI and no FCoE)..  Which hardware adapters are supported depends on Oracle support.

The specific versions listed were known to run on the server as communicated from Oracle (and there are many large customers using them) but the SSP and it's tools are not validated on Oracle (in some cases some tools do not recognize the OS and will not operate).

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo