9520 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MIB for Synergy 12000 Chassis

LinhBND
Established Member

MIB for Synergy 12000 Chassis

Hi,

I want to configure MIB for Synergy 12000. But I can't find guide document.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

All MIBs we provide for HPE compute solutions will be in the HPE SIM MIB Kit.  HPE Synergy does not provide SNMP polling to the Composer or FLM.  Only iLO's of the embedded compute, and the interconnect modules support the ability to directly poll via SNMP.  The Composer can be configured for SNMP forwarding, but the Composer will not and does not respond to SNMP queries.

What specifcally do you need to monitor via SNMP?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

LinhBND
Established Member

I want to monitor the status of VC modules such as up/down, port up down.

Thanks for your support!

mario77

Hi,

Same problem here. Would be good to know what to setup to  monitor reactively HPE synergy chassis.

For the servers I understand that monitoring ILO and these mibs would be enough?

RFC1215

CPQSTDEQ

CPQFCA

CPQIDA

CPQHLTH

CPQSTSYS

CPQSM2

CPQSCSI

CPQIDE

CPQNIC

CPQSTDEQ

Regards,

Mario.

schwengels
Advisor

Hello Chris,

I know this is a little bit of an old thread, but I have the same need, where I would like to monitor the Synergy Frame for hardware issues like, failed power supply. However, if the composer doesn't support SNMP polling/queries, then this really isn't possible. Is there any plans to add this functionality? I did set the trap destination to our monitoring server, however there doesn't appear to be a "test trap" function either. Could this be added in order to verify trap functionality?

Thank you.

Ajendra
Regular Visitor

@ChrisLynch Chris if we want to monitor or pull SNMP information using Prometheus, where can we get some information on setting this up.

Where do we download the mib or oids

AJ
Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @Ajendra 

To monitor a Synergy 12000 Chassis using SNMP with Prometheus, you will need to obtain the Management Information Base (MIB) files or the Object Identifier (OID) values specific to the Synergy 12000 Chassis. These MIB files or OID values will help you gather the necessary SNMP data for monitoring.

You may visit the official HPE website: https://support.hpe.com/ and search for SNMP-related documentation or MIB files. You might find more information there. 

>>  Once you have the MIB files or OID values, you'll need to configure SNMP on the Synergy 12000 Chassis. This typically involves setting the SNMP community strings, SNMP version (e.g., SNMPv2c or SNMPv3), and configuring SNMP traps if required.

>> Next, configure Prometheus to scrape SNMP metrics from the Synergy 12000 Chassis. You can use the Prometheus SNMP Exporter or similar exporters designed for SNMP data collection. In your Prometheus configuration, specify the target (IP address or hostname of the Synergy chassis) and the SNMP community string or credentials.

scrape_configs:
  - job_name: 'synergy-chassis'
    static_configs:
      - targets: ['synergy-chassis-ip:161']  # Replace with your Synergy Chassis IP and SNMP port
    metrics_path: /snmp
    params:
      module: [if_mib]  # Replace with the MIB module name or use your custom OID mappings
    static_configs:
      - targets:
        - synergy-chassis-ip:161
    relabel_configs:
      - source_labels: [__address__]
        target_label: __param_target
      - source_labels: [__param_target]
        target_label: instance
      - target_label: __address__
        replacement: exporter-ip:9116  # Replace with the SNMP Exporter IP and port

>> Next, configure Prometheus to scrape SNMP metrics from the Synergy 12000 Chassis. You can use the Prometheus SNMP Exporter or similar exporters designed for SNMP data collection. In your Prometheus configuration, specify the target (IP address or hostname of the Synergy chassis) and the SNMP community string or credentials.

>> Start Prometheus with the updated configuration, and ensure that the SNMP Exporter is running to expose SNMP metrics to Prometheus.'

>>You can now query the SNMP metrics exposed by the Synergy Chassis in Prometheus and create Grafana dashboards or alerts to monitor the health and performance of the chassis.

>> Remember to replace placeholders in the configuration with your actual IP addresses, SNMP settings, and MIB/OID details.

Always refer to the latest documentation and resources provided by HPE for the Synergy 12000 Chassis, as SNMP setup and available metrics may evolve over time.

I hope this gives some insights! Let me know

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.