8775 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

MPO TYPE A B C, FEMALE OR MALE

OPC
Occasional Contributor

MPO TYPE A B C, FEMALE OR MALE

Hi everybody!

I am new in MPO world, so I need your help to resolve a doubt, I hope you can help me.

How could I know what type of MPO A, B or C  and Female or Male requires HPE BladeSystem c-Class 40Gb QSFP+ MPO SR4 100m Transceiver  Part # 720187-B21?

Thank you!

OPCH
3 REPLIES 3
Mansoor1
HPE Pro

Re: MPO TYPE A B C, FEMALE OR MALE

Product no: 720187-B21 Product description: HPE BladeSystem c-Class 40Gb QSFP+ MPO SR4 100m Transceiver 40GBase-SR4 40GBase-SR4 is probably the most widely-used and most popular 40G transceiver for short distance transmission, mostly link lengths of 100m and 150m on OM3 and OM4 multimode fibers. It is an MPO-interfaced parallel fiber optic transceiver with a 4x10G transmission pattern. The 40GBase-SR4 can achieve simultaneous 40G signal sending and receiving with the help of four 10G SFP+ lanes in one module. You can usually see this type of transceiver being used in data centers to interconnect two switches with 12 lane ribbon cables. Weather male or female: This is male connector - which has 2 pins inside it. MPO TYPE: B (Most commonly used now a days)

Mohammed Mansoor Mohiuddin
Technical Solutions Consultant (HP-UX, HP-PA-RISC, Integrity Blade Server & HPE Synergy Servers )
Enterprise Solution Centre | TSG HPE Services

Accept or Kudo

Mansoor1
HPE Pro

Product no: 720187-B21
Product description: HPE BladeSystem c-Class 40Gb QSFP+ MPO SR4 100m Transceiver

40GBase-SR4
40GBase-SR4 is probably the most widely-used and most popular 40G transceiver for short distance transmission, mostly link lengths of 100m and 150m on OM3 and OM4 multimode fibers. It is an MPO-interfaced parallel fiber optic transceiver with a 4x10G transmission pattern. The 40GBase-SR4 can achieve simultaneous 40G signal sending and receiving with the help of four 10G SFP+ lanes in one module. You can usually see this type of transceiver being used in data centers to interconnect two switches with 12 lane ribbon cables.

Weather male or female: This is male connector - which has 2 pins inside it.
MPO TYPE: B (Most commonly used now a days)

Mohammed Mansoor Mohiuddin
Technical Solutions Consultant (HP-UX, HP-PA-RISC, Integrity Blade Server & HPE Synergy Servers )
Enterprise Solution Centre | TSG HPE Services

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I hope the below Quick space will help you to find out answer of your query.

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04312725&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&searchquery=&cc=th&lc=en

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04312725&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&searchquery=&cc=th&lc=en

The 40GBase-SR4 can achieve simultaneous 40G signal sending and receiving with the help of four 10G SFP+ lanes in one module. You can usually see this type of transceiver being used in data centres to interconnect two switches with 12 lane ribbon cables.

Weather male or female: This is male connector - which has 2 pins inside it.

MPO TYPE: B (Most commonly used now a days)

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo