New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mixed esxi version in same synergy frame

SOLVED
Go to solution
jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Mixed esxi version in same synergy frame

Hi
I need to deploy 12 synergy gen10 compute modules with 2 different versions of esxi. 6 hosts will have esxi 7.0 u1 and the other 6 hosts will need to run esxi 6.5 u2. All esxi installs will use the hpe VMware custom image for the relevant esxi release. My question is related to the spp version. I want to run spp 2021.01.02 on the esxi 7.0u1 hosts and 2019.03.20200324a on the 6.5 u2 hosts. Is this acceptable to have in a single synergy frame? I plan to use spp 2021.01.02 for the synergy infrastructure components. Is this also supported when running 2019.03.20200324a on half of the hosts? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Mansoor1
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

OneView has an option to upload multiple SPPs. Onc can chose to deploy multiple SPPs for multiple servers or server profiles. Yes, please go ahead and deploy the same and it should work. The same SPPs can aslo be used to update shared infra (VC modules and FLMs).

Please revert back to us, if you need further assistance.

Happy to help.

regards,

Mansoor.

Mohammed Mansoor Mohiuddin
Technical Solutions Consultant (HP-UX, HP-PA-RISC, Integrity Blade Server & HPE Synergy Servers )
Enterprise Solution Centre | TSG HPE Services

Accept or Kudo

DanCernese
HPE Pro

The Synergy Custom SPPs contain infrastructure firmware for interconnect modules and frame link modules.  You'll want to use the latest version on the infrastructure if you have the latest firmware on a portion of the compute nodes. as you have already planned.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo