108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New Path 3PAR with Direct Attach FLAT my Sinergy

Elfegume
Advisor

New Path 3PAR with Direct Attach FLAT my Sinergy

Hello.

I have one 3PAR with two nodes connect to direct attach my VC of Sinergy

I have two news Hbas for my 3PAR and I will change de path connect to new hba and delete old.

I view the Interconect VC the WWN correct my new Paths, but the virtual volumes present in the profile server show the old Paths.

I reaply the profile (shutdown server) and work it with the new Path.

How I Can give the servers new path 3PAR without reaply profiles?

I can't shutdown all Sinergy Servers.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
jsm6
HPE Pro

Hi,

I have two news Hbas for my 3PAR and I will change de path connect to new hba and delete old. - Was it done from profile?How did you changed the path/added new connections to server online?

You may try a profile refresh,else you need to have downtime to re-apply profile.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Elfegume
Advisor

So is it impossible to apply new paths without loss of service?

jsm6
HPE Pro

How did you changed the path/added new connections to server online?Was it done by editing profile?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jsm6
HPE Pro

You might need to re-apply profile and thats the only option i could think off to update the new paths.

I am a HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

DanCernese
HPE Pro

I just tested modifying SAN paths online in OneView 4.10.03 and 4.20.02 and both of them let me modify the SAN connections without taking down the server.  However, I was using switched fabric topology and not direct attach.  

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
DanRobinson
HPE Pro

I have buried in the back of my head a memory that if you do something as simple as rename the profile, it will trigger the OneView to audit the SAN Paths and update Zoning as needed.

But I can't find where I read that.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo