New Discussion

Re: Relocating Multiple Synergy Frames - Support & Legal Requirements

SOLVED
Go to solution
KPM0101
Occasional Visitor

Relocating Multiple Synergy Frames - Support & Legal Requirements

Good Morning,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I want to move/relocate Synergy frames from one Datacenter to another. Am I correct in saying this needs to be done by an HPE Service Technician as to not void the warranty and the install validated afterwards in order to not violate the support agreement? If I am correct, are there documents to support this? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!~

3 REPLIES 3
DanCernese
HPE Pro

I'm not a lawyer; but I don't think this is true.  Synergy frames have been customer-installable since launch.  Please don't take my word as definitive. [edit] if you scan the QuickSpecs for the Synergy frame, you'll find a lot of physical requirements too.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Paul_Beck
Frequent Visitor
Solution

I'm currently working a similar project at my organization.  You don't have to use HPE for the move.  I believe VAR's (cdw) would do it, or you could do it yourself.  However, as a CYA move to make sure there are no issues with support after the move and for insurance/compliance/chain of custody issues the safe bet would be to have HPE relocation services do it. 

KPM0101
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the responses. A colleague also forwarded me a data sheet from HPE PonitNext Services. It states if you get HPE to move it then there is no need to get it recertified afterwards. If you move it yourself it will need to be recertified. Excerpt from the datasheet:

• HPE Move Service Benefit - Maintains the integrity of your Hewlett Packard Enterprise support contract by eliminating the need to recertify the equipment following the move.
  • General Provisions - Hewlett Packard Enterprise requires recertification of equipment deinstalled and reinstalled outside of an HPE Relocation agreement