4222 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

SY480 Gen10 - RBSU: Memory remap question

Biite
Frequent Advisor

SY480 Gen10 - RBSU: Memory remap question

Hi,

I'm a bit puzzled about the Memory Remap option in the RBSU (System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Memory Options > Memory Remap)

It has 2 options:

• Remap All Memory - Makes all memory in the system available again on the next boot.

• No Action - Leaves any affected memory unavailable to the system.

No Action seems to be the default.

In our SY480 Gen10 a memory module was replaced and we needed to enable the 'Remap All Memory' option in the RBSU to get this replaced module working.

How do I have to interpret this option? Is the 'Remap All Memory' option a 'force enable' of all DIMMs (even if broken) ?

TIA,
Martien

Regards,
Martien
3 REPLIES 3
Sharis
HPE Pro

Re: SY480 Gen10 - RBSU: Memory remap question

Hello,

How do I have to interpret this option? Is the 'Remap All Memory' option a 'force enable' of all DIMMs (even if broken) ?

Answer:  Yes.

Use the Memory Remap option to remap system memory that might be disabled due to a failure event, such as an uncorrectable memory error.

This option is applicable to all the DIMMs.

Hope this helps.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Biite
Frequent Advisor

Okay, that's a very clear answer.

Strange thing that we HAD to enable this get our replaced DIMM to work. Any explanation for that?

Regards,
Martien

Regards,
Martien
Sharis
HPE Pro

Hello Martien,

Ideally that should not be a case.

If you have the settings as "No Action" , Then the Memory replacement should have automatically enabled the memory.

This could be co-incidense as well, again not sure.

Regards,.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo