108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server Profile Templates and boot from SAN

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeremy C
Regular Advisor

Server Profile Templates and boot from SAN

Assuming all compute modules are the same hardware and will all be running the same OS (ESXi), should I only need one Server Profile Template that all Server Profiles will be created from?

The reason I ask is that in order to set the FC connections as bootable in the Server Profile Template, you must specify a boot volume.  But each Server Profile will have a different boot volume.  What am I missing here?

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Server Profile Templates and boot from SAN

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView 6.5 User Guide for VMs | Server profile templates boot settings

2. HPE OneView 6.6 User Guide for VMs | Server profile templates boot settings

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

If all servers are of the same configuration then a single Server Profile Template is sufficient.
This Server Profile Template you can use to create a server profile for all similar configurations of the server.
And about boot volume, you can change boot volume in the individual server profile during server profile creation using Server Profile Template.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Jeremy C
Regular Advisor

Thank you!  I was under the asssumption that adding the volume after creating the server profile from the template would cause oneview to complain that the server profile is inconsistent with the template.  But it does not.

Jeremy C
Regular Advisor

--deleted--