HPE Synergy
1752284 Members
4670 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Synergy 12000 - Change a Composer but not load Firmware from USB Key for reimaging an appliance

SOLVED
Go to solution
falch01
Occasional Visitor

Synergy 12000 - Change a Composer but not load Firmware from USB Key for reimaging an appliance

Hello, cause of failure this morning I changed the composer Appliance bay 1 of my Synergy 1200.

I noticed that entering the new composer does not enter cluster mode. I asked HPE Technical Support and was told to prepare a USB key to reinstall the new firmware.

Then I download the Firmware from the Synergy site (HPE_Composer_4.10.04_Firmware_Image_Z7550-96589) and unzip. Inside the folder I find files with the .gz extension, there are 3 of them, I pick them up and put them in a flash drive formatted in FAT32.

At this point I insert the USB key into the USB socket of the composer 1, I press the power / reset button until the active LED flashes, the power light turns orange. At this point, according to the manual, the blue light of the UID should turn on and start flashing, a sign that the Firmware is being loaded. this is my problem .... the usb key does not start with the firmware .....

I tried 3 usb key, formatted in FAT32, EXFAT, NTFS but nothing to do. At this point I ask you:

1) is it right to format in FAT32 without further options?

2) Is it right to move the 3 .gz files from the decompressed folder directly into the USB key?

3) Is it just the combination of the keys on the composer to start the usb key?

I ask assistance to anyone who, like me, has found himself in serious difficulty !!!

Thanks a greeting! Christian

3 REPLIES 3
jsm6
HPE Pro

Re: Synergy 12000 - Change a Composer but not load Firmware from USB Key for reimaging an appliance

Hi,

What messages do you see on the screen?

Do you see any "grub loading...." message on the screen and stuck forever (or) the console is blank?

In either of the case, I would suggest you to log a HP support ticket for the support team to recover the composer.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

falch01
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: Synergy 12000 - Change a Composer but not load Firmware from USB Key for reimaging an appliance

Ok....resolved :

1) Reset  ILO configuration from shell Composer 1 whit assistance from HPE Support;

2) Imposted date and time;

3) Boot img usb key composer;

and enjoin

SkillAdmin

Hello. Faced the same problem. I have restored access to ILO. But according to the procedure, the restoration does not occur. Now Intelligent Provisioning has loaded on the ILO screen and nothing else happens.