HPE Synergy
1753782 Members
7318 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Synergy Blades in Insight Online does not show the hostname, but the frame, bay name

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Synergy Blades in Insight Online does not show the hostname, but the frame, bay name

I have a Synergy Frame 12000 with blades server.
I have activated Insight Online in HPE OneView (Composer).
Under "Name" i see the frame and bay number.
The "Server Name" is given by the operating system:

Synergy.jpg

However, in Insight Online the "Name" and not the "Server Name" is displayed:

Insight_Online.jpg

What can I do that the Insight Online does not show the "Name" (Frame x, bay y) but the "Server Name", what corresponds to the Hostname from the Server?

4 REPLIES 4
DanRobinson
HPE Pro

Re: Synergy Blades in Insight Online does not show the hostname, but the frame, bay name

If you click Frame 1, Bay 1, does it show your iLO Hostname anywhere?

I'm not sure you can do anything other than submit that suggestion on the Insight Online page.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Re: Synergy Blades in Insight Online does not show the hostname, but the frame, bay name

No, I don't see the host name of the blade anywhere on Insight Online:

Frame.jpg

If I enter the hostname of a blade above "Enter a search string", it will not find any entries in Insight Online:

search.jpg
In Insight Online only the "Name" is taken from HPE OneView, but not the "Server Name" or the iLO name.

Who integrated Synergy Blades with Insight Online? What name does Insight Online take from HPE OneView?

DanRobinson
HPE Pro

HPE is very sensitive about Personal Information in their web portals, so this may have been done on purpose.

The Name you are seeing is just a Generic Frame Number plus Slot Number.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Hello
This cannot be, because all ProLiant DL servers, which are monitored by another HPE OneView, I see in Insight Online with the iLO name.
The structure in HPE OneView is always the same.

HPE OneView ProLiant:
HPE_OneView.jpg
HPE OneView Synergy:
HPE_OneView_Synergy.jpg
The difference is, with the HPE OneView ProLiant the "Name" corresponds to the iLO name and with the HPE OneView Synergy, the "Name" corresponds to the frame, bay.
HPE OneView does everything right.
Actually, HPE OneView should not transmit the "Name" but the "Server Name".
As I remember, it was in an earlier version. It was not the "Name" but the "Server Name" that was displayed in Insight Online.