1752785 Members
5659 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Synergy DAC cable Uplink

Kenera
Occasional Contributor

Synergy DAC cable Uplink

I have synergy with two  SE VC F32 100Gbps and when I try to connect to the cisco 9400 core switch is not sense and no LED light at all. note that my DAC cable is a 10 Gb HP cable. so please advise me on the issus?

5 REPLIES 5
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Synergy DAC cable Uplink

Based on HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module for Synergy QuickSpecs, In addition to the supported HPE copper cables mentioned in QuickSpec, Virtual Connect provides "allowed" connections using third party cables that meet the following criteria: connector=copper pigtail; transceiver code=active cable or passive cable; speed equal or
less than 100Gb; length between 1m and 5m, inclusive. All "allowed" DACs are connected and logged. Prior to requesting support from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, a DAC from the supported list above must be used to verify a cable issue is not involved.

For more detail on supported cable please refer HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module for Synergy QuickSpecs.

HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module for Synergy QuickSpecs
https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00067745enw

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
jkowalenko
Visitor

Did you solve this problem? I have the same issue. New Synergy frame with Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Modules connecting to Cisco 9300 series switches using QSFP/SFP+ Adapters and 10GB DAC and not able to establish a link. Also have one conneciton using QSFP/SFP+ Adapter with 10GBase-T SFP+ fiber Transceiver and same thing, no link. What am I missing? Switch ports are enabled. 

Kenera
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys,

If you have VC in bay 3and bay6 add uplink network on VC 3 as Q1:1 if you
connect your DAC cable on Q1 and the same on VC6 Q1:1(b/c the VC 100GB
expects ) if you connect your DAC cable on Q1 port. It completely works for
you.

Amsalu Adusha

Tel:+25111 554 5738 | +251967898170

Senior System Engineer

www.keneraint.com

Kenera International

Dashen Bank Bole Br. Blg, 1st Floor

jkowalenko
Visitor

Thanks @Kenera ! That solved my problem. 

The solution as mentioned was to select the uplink Q1:1 instead of the base Q1. Once I made that change, all uplinks reported linked and I had communication. 

Mark-S
HPE Pro

Additional information:

For 40Gb and 100Gb transceivers you will always be selecting the Q1, Q2 (etc) ports when configuring.

For 8Gb, 16Gb, 10Gb, 25Gb transceivers you will always be selecting the Q1:1 Q2:1 (etc) ports when configuring.

For multifunction transceivers like HPE Synergy 40GbE/4x10GbE/4x8Gb FC QSFP+ Transceiver 817040-B21, you will select the port depending on the mode you are trying to use it in.

• In 40Gb mode you will always be selecting the Q1, Q2 (etc) ports when configuring
  • In 4x10Gbe mode it would be Q1:1, Q1:2, Q1:3 & Q1:4 for each of the 10Gb ports.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo