New Discussion юеВ

Re: Synergy Virtual Connect

SOLVED
Go to solution
CRD
Frequent Advisor

Synergy Virtual Connect

Good day

Just hoping to get some clarity here. I noticed that when I assign vlan 1 to a Synergy logical interconnect SUS it automatically gets marked as a "native" vlan.

Was just wondering why this happens as it does not do that with any other vlans I add to the SUS. It is possible to remove the native mark but still qurious as to why this happens.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Based on what you are describing, you might have extremely old Composer software installed. Way back in the 3.0 release, we had VLAN 1 as the native or untagged VLAN, and it was reserved. Newer releases relaxed that requirement. Make sure you have current Composer software and VC firmware/SSP installed.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

CRD
Frequent Advisor

Hi Chris

Thanks for the response. No not old, Composer version 6.20. Frame is about 5 months old, so still brand new.

Regards

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you provide a screenshot because I can't reproduce what you are reporting. Like I said, this was a reserved VLAN setting in the 3.x days, but was relaxed in OneView 3.10.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

CRD
Frequent Advisor

Yes no problem, here is the screenshot. So I created a network DR-1 with VLAN ID 1. Then I go to the Logical interconnect group to add the network DR-1 to the LAN-uplinkset but then with this network only it automatically marks the network as Native and this got me qurious as to why this hppens.

VLAN1.PNG

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you not uncheck it? This isn't a default behavior.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

CRD
Frequent Advisor

Hi Chris

Yes you are able to uncheck it. Was just qurious as to why the Synergy will automatically mark it as a native vlan when you add it to the LAN-uplinkset.

Regards

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Apparently, this is still a UI artifact behavior that we haven't changed.  The reason I couldn't replicate what you were seeing is because I created my resources from the REST API.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

CRD
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the advice Chris, much appreciated