6210 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE HC250 missing DVM and IP problem

KlemenV
Collector

HPE HC250 missing DVM and IP problem

Hi,

I have HPE HC 250 server. Two of the four server nodes work fine, but with another two I have a problem.

First node

When I connect to the server node I get empty list of the Guest virtual machines on this node. I suppose that should be here DVM virtual machine, am I right? What can I do to get this (DVM) virtual machine on this node?

Second node

I set the same network configuration as in the other nodes (with different IP address) but the IP address of the DVM virtual machine does not change - it must be 10.0.0.x but it is 192.168.10.10. When I check HPE HC-250 Dashoboard, I see 192.168.10.10 but when I get network configuration in cmd with ipconfig /all, I see the correct IP address - 10.0.0.x. In cmd I also see that the DNS and DHCP is correct - all of the configuration is the same like on the another node where network work fine. What is the problem? Why the IP address of the DVM virtual machine does not change? And why I get the different IP configuration in the cmd and HPE HC-250 Dashoboard on the same node?

Thanks and regards

2 REPLIES 2
Alan_Hymes
HPE Pro

Re: HPE HC250 missing DVM and IP problem

I's sorry I am not following what you are trying to do.  You are talking about a DVM and the only thing I can find on that is a Dalvik Virtual Machine (DVM) so I am not sure what you are doing with that.  You also talk about setting the network config on one of the nodes.  How did you add that node in the first place?  Was it part of the original deployment or an expansion?

This one sounds better suited for HPE Support.

Thanks

Alan

Alan Hymes

Accept or Kudo

KlemenV
Collector

Re: HPE HC250 missing DVM and IP problem

Hi Alan,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, on the each node is one virtual machine with name "DVM". For deploy Microsoft cloud you have to connect on the one of this node and start OneView InstantOn. In the Systems tab you have to get green status for the each node. So this is the reason why I want to correctly configured all nodes before I run OneView InstantOn.

First I need correct IP addresses and KVM instance on each node.