cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3nd and 7903e chassis monitoring problem

synthe_2000
Occasional Visitor

3nd and 7903e chassis monitoring problem

Hello, i have installed the 3ND 3.0 SP1. I have a 7903e chassis on my network. The 3ND find it but i can monitor it, i have the error message: "coulnd'nt find unit information to monitor the system". I can manage my 7903e with device manager. I also have a 7906e with i have no problem.

here is the end of the configuration :

snmp-agent

snmp-agent local-engineid 8000002B0300209C6B9193

snmp-agent community read public

snmp-agent community write privatechperpi

snmp-agent log all

snmp-agent sys-info version all

snmp-agent group v2c groupadmin ( i put that line manually)

snmp-agent target-host trap address udp-domain 10.70.70.70 params securityname monitor ( i put that line manually)

#

user-interface aux 0

authentication-mode password

set authentication password cipher SLX9J`\>C.>Y!U6L"B8W^Q!!

user-interface vty 0 4

user privilege level 3

set authentication password cipher SLX9J`\>C.>Y!U6L"B8W^Q!!

#

I used the debug function, here is the result:

0 main INFO com.coms.wsd.tns.shelf.logging.LoggingConfigurator LoggingConfigurator: Logging config file: C:\Program Files\3Com\Network Director\diagnostic\logging_config.properties

15 main INFO com.coms.wsd.tns.shelf.logging.LoggingConfigurator LoggingConfigurator: Logging to file: C:\Program Files\3Com\Network Director\bin\..\diagnostic\discodbg.log

15 main INFO com.coms.wsd.tns.shelf.logging.LoggingConfigurator LoggingConfigurator: Logging to file: C:\Program Files\3Com\Network Director\bin\..\diagnostic\debug.html

15 main INFO com.coms.wsd.tns.shelf.logging.LoggingConfigurator LoggingConfigurator: Logging to file: C:\Program Files\3Com\Network Director\bin\..\diagnostic\NWTimingsDebug.log

15 main INFO com.coms.wsd.tns.shelf.logging.LoggingConfigurator LoggingConfigurator: Logging to file: C:\Program Files\3Com\Network Director\bin\..\diagnostic\NWRequestDebug.log

15 main INFO com.coms.wsd.tns.shelf.logging.LoggingConfigurator LoggingConfigurator: Logging to file: C:\Program Files\3Com\Network Director\bin\..\diagnostic\NWPDUDebug.log

15 main INFO com.coms.wsd.tns.shelf.logging.LoggingConfigurator LoggingConfigurator: Logging to file: C:\Program Files\3Com\Network Director\bin\..\diagnostic\add_device.log

15 main INFO com.coms.wsd.tns.shelf.logging.LoggingConfigurator LoggingConfigurator: Logging to file: C:\Program Files\3Com\Network Director\bin\..\diagnostic\mapdbg.log

1625 main ERROR com.coms.wsd.tns.server.trapmgr.TMTrapManager Failed to register for traps

76718 main ERROR com.coms.wsd.tns.server.framework.controller.CRController Error loading component: com.coms.wsd.tns.server.trapmgr.TMTrapManager

76718 main ERROR com.coms.wsd.tns.server.ipchange.ICIPConfigChange Failed to get Trap Manager component

77765 main ERROR com.coms.wsd.tns.server.device.traplogger.DeviceTrapEventLogger Failed to get Trap Manager component

87562 BT - ClientCmdQueue ERROR com.coms.wsd.tns.server.tools.reporter.SimpleTableInfo Could not construct column for table, class com.coms.wsd.tns.baseapipublic.reporter.columns.DeviceType

2677411 BT - ClientCmdQueue ERROR com.coms.wsd.tns.server.trapmgr.TMTrapManager Timed out waiting for trap provider disposal

2677411 Trap Manager Main ERROR com.coms.wsd.tns.server.trapmgr.TMTrapManager Timed out waiting for trap provider disposal

Anyone has an idea???

Thanks

1 REPLY
Jirkaehm
Advisor

Re: 3nd and 7903e chassis monitoring problem

Write to 3com support.

There is a patch for 3ND that fix this problem.