1752666 Members
5615 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

7.0 E0102 up to 7.1 E0303P06 upgrade fails...

Wollondilly
Occasional Collector

7.0 E0102 up to 7.1 E0303P06 upgrade fails...

Hi Everyone,

We've been using v7.0 (E0102), and we're looking at:

v7.0 (E0102) to v7.1 (E0303)

then update to 7.1 p6 (E0303P06) to bring all up-to-date.

We run on a Win2k12 box, and separate SQL 2008R2 database.

I have the downloaded files, but when I try to deploy the updated components, but the only thing I can see is (in the dmslog):

2015-03-09 11:04:08 [INFO ] [Thread-111] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.MasterDeployTask::executeDeploy(167)] Executing com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.UnzipFileTask(Unzipping file - imc_datacenter.zip...)...
2015-03-09 11:04:10 [INFO ] [Thread-111] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.IPConfigFileManager::a(168)] Start loading server-addr.xml configuration file
2015-03-09 11:04:10 [INFO ] [Thread-111] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.IPConfigFileManager::a(232)] Load server-addr.xml configuration file succeeded
2015-03-09 11:04:10 [ERROR] [Thread-111] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.MasterDeployTask::executeDeploy(254)]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: dbPassword should be set first
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.BuildDatabaseTask.prepare(BuildDatabaseTask.java:492)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.MasterDeployTask.executeDeploy(MasterDeployTask.java:164)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.MasterMessageHandler.c(MasterMessageHandler.java:169)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.aS.run(MasterMessageHandler.java:716)

The deployment Log gives:

Component ID: iMC-PLAT
Name: iMC Platform - Resource Management
Version: iMC PLAT 7.1 (E0303)
InnerVersion: V700R001B03D006
Address: 127.0.0.1
Operation: Update completed
Result: failed
Fail reason: Performing deployment or upgrade on the master server failed. For details, see the log on the master server.

I only have a master server and a remote DB.

The "dbPassword should be set first" issue makes me think that the password getting to the DB is the issue, but all has been happy before I attempted the update.

Any thoughts?

Regards.

C Bailey

1 REPLY 1
Wollondilly
Occasional Collector

upgrade fails...refactored User/DB names?

After further investigation, I wonder if it's the refactored DB names and Accounts.

Since it's an SQL server we use for a couple of things (we're only planning on having ~25nodes), we wanted to rename the security accounts and DB's to allow it to be easilly identified - hence we changed the accounts to "imc_<accountname>" (most were already like this).

Also updated the DB names (and re-located files, etc) to be "IMC_<DBNAME>".

See attached jpeg screenshot of SQL server (just the IMC stuff obviously).

As I mentioned, this was working fine, since we'd ammended the server-addr.xml file appropriately. Has been working for a month or so.

This is the first upgrade we've done, so I also wondered if it was just an issue with updating the deployment config - sure enough, there was a dbconfig.xml with old db/user names, so I've now ammended that to have the right details.

However - still no luck.

I've uploaded these files for your perusal - yes I've removed passwords and adjusted the servername, but otherwise, it's exactly as-is (wondering about open/closed quote marks on the iMC-REPORT line of dbconfig.xml?)

Are there any other locations this should be ammended. I'm wondering if there is another config file I haven't found that needs updating.

Finally, I suspect it's just because of the "pending" deployment state, byt if I try to start IMC at the moment, all services start apart from the jserver service - which is hanging at "Error occurred in process startup. For details, see the log". Not so worried yet, but just in case it's related...