New Discussion юеВ

Re: After Update from 7.3 (E0605P04) to 7.3 (E0703) IMC Webpage not working

SOLVED
Go to solution
Guillaume_26
Occasional Advisor

Hello Florian,

Do you have any news from HPe support about this incident ?

Best regards,

Guillaume,

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello Guillaume,

It looks like this issue is triggered by the NTA Module. We received a new patch NTA E0506P02 today that I can confirm fixed the web server redirect issue for one customer already. It should be published within the next week or two, but if you need it in the meantime, please open a support case and we'll make it available to you.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi all, I followed this thread carefully...but I still have a question open: could this issue hit a scenario in which the HPE IMC 7.3 E0605P06 is deployed on Linux+MariaDB (MySQL) and an update to HPE IMC 7.3 E0703 is attempted (provided that deployed modules are updated first to cope with new E0703) or not? in other terms...trying the update from E0605P06 and E0703 - actually - on Linux is a flawless process or there are issues open?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Guillaume_26
Occasional Advisor

Hello Parnassus,

To get a short list of known bug we encountered in this post :
- Set a time zone in database (bug with MySQL / MariaDB too maybe?)
- Issue with ACL on a file which block jserver process startup
- Issue with WebServer redirection, even if all processes are started -> resolved in future NTA module version

My env. is Windows / MySQL
MariaDB is like MySQL you should check timezone bug
I don't know if NTA bug apply to a linux OS

Regards,

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

The significant change in E0703 was the porting to OpenJDK 11, which has updated system requirements as a result of OpenJDK and no longer supports Windows Server 2008 or RHEL pre-7.x OS - see also https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/Build/Supported+Build+Platforms

Keep in mind that MariaDB is not officially supported for IMC, though it can work (as you mention it's just another implementation of MySQL). Do make sure you have a working dbman backup before attempting any upgrade.

It would probably be better not to upgrade to E0703 if you haven't started already, unless you need the features/fixes. There are two known issues with RHEL and MySQL, and I posted the workarounds/fixes here (and in the other thread), and for one of them you would need the new NTA patch (to be posted).

There may be a new base version coming out relatively soon to address the known issues - but don't quote me on that as I'm not involved in it, and you would need to contact your HPE Sales/Account Management for any details about future versions.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
parnassus
Honored Contributor

@jguse wrote: Keep in mind that MariaDB is not officially supported for IMC, though it can work (as you mention it's just another implementation of MySQL). Do make sure you have a working dbman backup before attempting any upgrade.

Sorry, I redacted...my IMC is actually running on MySQL (not on MariaDB) as per HPE IMC installation guide on Linux.

@jguse wrote: It would probably be better not to upgrade to E0703 if you haven't started already, unless you need the features/fixes. There are two known issues with RHEL and MySQL, and I posted the workarounds/fixes here (and in the other thread), and for one of them you would need the new NTA patch (to be posted).

There may be a new base version coming out relatively soon to address the known issues - but don't quote me on that as I'm not involved in it, and you would need to contact your HPE Sales/Account Management for any details about future versions.

Oh, that's really good to know.

Luckily I'm not actually forced to update to E0703 for features/fixes so I can really wait the next patch release (for both Base application and NTA) to see these bugs solved before attempting any update.

Thanks, Davide.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Guillaume_26
Occasional Advisor

Hello Justin,

Do you have any news about the availability of new patch NTA ? 

Best regards,

Guillaume,

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello Guillaume,

Not yet, but I see it isn't posted yet. I'll send a reminder to the publishing folks.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
THI_EI
Visitor
Solution

Hello Guys,

I┬┤m sorry that I get back to you now. I had to sort out some issues with me support packets first.

Yesterday I got that out of the way and opened a case. After a few hours I got a call from a Support Guy I wanted some additional Logs from me. And today I got the Patch 02 form the NTA506 Version. After the successful deployment the IMC Server is working again.

I want to thank your all form your help with me problem.

Best regards,

Florian