4053 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Alarms don't come any more since IMC 7.3

Ricou69
Advisor

Alarms don't come any more since IMC 7.3

Hi everyone,

Since the upgrade to IMC 7.3, I don't receive the alarms any more. When I recover one alarm, I have this message :"Server is busy, try again".

Have you an idea ?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

That doesn't sound good. Is it using more memory maybe? Or do you need to increase the -Xmx value? Maybe it got reset when you upgraded?

Ricou69
Advisor

I did reboot after the upgrade. Where do i find the -xmx settings ?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Use "setmem.bat" or "setmem.sh" to change the memory allocation. Check the "Memory Allocation" section in the README PDF for more info.

Ricou69
Advisor

I have Max heap/non-heap : 2048/1024

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

The rIght value depends upon the amount of memory in your server, and the number of devices you are managing.

For smaller systems, the defaults are fine.

It sounds like yours is at default, and since you don't recall setting it previously, it's probably OK for your system. You'll need to start looking through some other logs. You should also log a case about this
Ricou69
Advisor

My machine has 8 Gb memory and there are 700 devices on IMC. So normally it's ok.

I wonder if the issue would be the number of real-time alarms, there are lots of them : "iMC alarm system has received 100 alarms about the event (Authentication Failure) of device..."

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

With 8GB of memory, I might be inclined to increase the Xmx value. I'm not sure that it's your problem here though. You could increase it to 4GB maybe. It depends on where your DB is running, and how much free memory your server has.

Those other events should probably be investigated, but if they're not too high a volume it won't be a problem. Looks like some devices are receiving SNMP polls with the wrong community. I tend to disable those traps because of the volume of alerts.

Ricou69
Advisor

I'd like to disable thos traps but i can't. How can i disable it ? In filtering trap ?

Ricou69
Advisor