1752549 Members
5140 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Alerts with IMC 5.2

aali
Frequent Advisor

Alerts with IMC 5.2

I keep getting alerts that a port is down or goes down.   can someone  direct me to where I can turn this off for all ports, then how to turn it on for select ports?

5 REPLIES 5
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: Alerts with IMC 5.2

System -> System Configuration -> System Settings. Find "Interface Up/Down Alarm". Set all of those to Filter.

To override it on a per-interface basis, find the Interface Details page for the interface you're interested in. Go to Up/Down Alarm Filter. Set it to No Filter.

Take a look through some of the youtube videos on using IMC - I think this is covered in there: youtube.com/theimcmanagement

aali
Frequent Advisor

Thank You!

One more thing.  I was playing with widgets under IMC home page and now everything is screwed up.  Is it possible to revert back to default IMC home page?

Regards,

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Off the top of my head, I don't think so. You could create a new user, and take a look at the way their default homepage is setup.
aali
Frequent Advisor

Thanks!

I run the Auto Discovery on our network and was wondering how to customize to focus on switches eliminating a lot of desktops.  It reported 300+ devices and most of them are desktops, and laptops.  

Any recommendation on that.

Thanks

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Play around with your auto-discover settings. Don't include non-SNMP devices.