1753449 Members
6592 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Aruba 6300m and HPE IMC

VinitBelam

Aruba 6300m and HPE IMC

Hi has anyone been able to successfully manage the 6300m switches using IMC.

I was recently advised to upgrade IMC to  7.3 (E0705P10) as this would fix the issues.

I have completed this upgrade and While IMC now recognizes the 6300s and can give them the correct system Description, I am still unable to backup the config or push an update to the 6300s.  

I have SNMP enabled on the switch and have the correct details entered into IMC but this still displays an error, although i can see all interfaces on IMC.

I'm not sure what i'm missing and any fresh ideas are welcome.

2 REPLIES 2
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: Aruba 6300m and HPE IMC

Hello,

What is the error message you receive when attempting the backup or update?

Generally speaking there are a few common issues:

* Make sure you have specified the correct management VRF for the device in iMC. This is under Configuration Center > Options > VPN Instance tab. Select the device and then specify the VPN Instance (VRF) name that you use for management.

* CLI access needs to be working correctly for the devices in iMC. Ensure the 'Login Type' for the device is set correctly and that iMC has the correct credentials. There's a Test button on the SSH/Telnet settings window you could use to verify this.

* Transfer protocols TFTP and SFTP_SERVER are the only currently supported ones for AOS-CX in iMC. Ensure iMC is configured to use one of them with the AOS-CX devices. This can be configured on the Configuration Center > Options > File Transfer Mode tab.

* You could try to delete and re-add one of the devices to iMC and see if that helps. This will force iMC to redetermine the adapter (scripts for backup/restore etc) to use for this device now that it recognizes it - it's possible the adapter did not update automatically after you upgraded and the device got recognized.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
cfritz
Advisor

Re: Aruba 6300m and HPE IMC

There is a new patch that adds support for the 6300M, release notes link below:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00115988en_us