New Discussion юеВ

Re: Aruba 8400 and Aruba 8320

pablo_rudaeff
Occasional Advisor

Aruba 8400 and Aruba 8320

Hello,
I installed two Aruba 8400  - VSX config and two Aruba 8320 also with VSX
Firmware version of both: 10.01.0040

IMC can't recognize the switches (unknown vendor) and the link connections.

IMC Version: iMC_PLAT_7.3_E0605P06

Can you help me?

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

In my experience, Aruba 8320 (and thus I presume Aruba 8400 too) is able to be recognized by HPE IMC 7.3 E0605P06...as I already pointed out here the IMC is just able to monitor it (not the VSX!) without being able to recognize VSX (and VSX related LAGs, ISL and ISL Keep-alive links) and OoBM...indeed IMC Network Topology maps my Aruba 8320 VSX as two unconnected Aruba 8320 (this was described also here).

Another thing I'm not able to do with IMC is to backup Aruba 8320 configuration file even if the SNMPv3 connection between the IMC and both my Aruba 8320s is working.

For LLDP over OoBM read this.

Personally I found a little bit embarassing to see that both HPE IMC and Aruba AirWave can only monitor (not manage) the Aruba 8320/8400X...even if I suspect that AirWave is somewhat in a better position than IMC considering that Aruba developed Aruba NetEdit (who knows? maybe there will be soon a way to launch it from AirWave...) and that network monitoring is probably becoming an Aruba-Aruba affair only (they engineered Aruba 8320/8400X, they did the same for AirWave...HPE IMC is powerful...but - I suspect - it's not entirely under the control of Aruba development teams...at least up to now).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
pablo_rudaeff
Occasional Advisor

Thanks parnassus,
May be I did not explain myself right,

From the beggining I could monitor the switches (Interfaces, CPU, etc etc) but not the uplinks connections. I think is the same issue (as you wrote) with the VSX. 
The simple answer.... just wait :)

parnassus
Honored Contributor

With "uplinks" I think you mean here "VSX LAGs" since single physical interface's status - and so including uplink too - should be part of what is already monitored correctly (apart OoBM)...I'm going to open a service request ticket since such implementation (VSX) deserves to be recognized by an advanced network monitoring system such as HPE IMC. Really a pity to have not seen development about that lately (I mean: it's something that have been crystal clear for some months...).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner