New Discussion

Re: Automatically Backup Period

SOLVED
Go to solution
vineeth-46058
Frequent Advisor

Automatically Backup Period

Hello,

when i try to add an device in iMC by default it goes in to an Automatically Backup Period (eg:- 7:00 AM),

i need to change the Automatically Backup Period for the new added device in iMC as i have used diffrent group for each location but when i tried to remove the deivce from the default Automatically Backup Period it throws an error.

is there any way i can stop to add the device in default Automatically Backup Period.

7 REPLIES 7
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

What error do you get?

vineeth-46058
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

By deaful i can see the device in one backup group with no name just as time 7:00 AM in morning,

when i tried to remove the device from it,i get an pop assing an group,

i have attached an screenshot for the default group.

vineeth-46058
Frequent Advisor

is there any way i can remove the default backup group while adding an new device in iMC.

Try Service > Auto Backup Plan    and set or create new backup plan or remove from 7am plan

vineeth-46058
Frequent Advisor

even i tried that to remove from 7am backup plan but i can't it trows an message that auto backup plan can't be empty 

you can ref the screenshot and even i can't add the device in other group as it's already in other group.

Do u have any backup plan under  Service > Auto Backup Plan .  If yes and named or sheduled for 7 am click the checkbox and delete it or remove the device from the group. create another group and add the device.

vineeth-46058
Frequent Advisor
Solution

i got an solution there was an group (test) which take backup of the entire enviournment. 

this option was selected Backup network-wide devices 

so bu default ervery single new device by deafult goes to his group i have deleted the group now all is well.