1753680 Members
5786 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Backing up ProCurve J9021A Switch 2810-24G via IMC.

mrkambo

Backing up ProCurve J9021A Switch 2810-24G via IMC.

I have many ProCurve J9021A Switch 2810-24G switch I back up but there are some that IMC will not backup at all. I have checked the config of all the switches that fail against ones that work and they are the same minus management IP addresses. I have an issue at one site where I can back up 10 ProCurve J9021A Switch 2810-24G without issues and 2 I cannot. Config show they are setup the same including the same firmware version. I have rebooted the IMC server and switches without luck of a successful backup. I have doubled check the backup method and set them up to be the same as well and still no luck. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated to resolve the matter.

4 REPLIES 4
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

What do you mean by "minus management IP addresses" ?

I wrote up some troubleshooting steps you could try for IMC backups here: http://lkhill.com/hp-imc-troubleshooting-device-backup-problems/

Kambo
Visitor

What I was trying to say is the config of the switches are all the same and only difference between them was the IP address of the switch used for managing the switch.

DDGRUS
Occasional Advisor

I have the same issue, all of the switches on our estate use RADIUS to authenticate, are you authenticating the same way?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

@Kambo wrote:

What I was trying to say is the config of the switches are all the same and only difference between them was the IP address of the switch used for managing the switch.

Ah, I understand.

What does your imccfgbakdm log file show you?