1753905 Members
9197 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Backup Config Cisco ASA

DPS_IT
Advisor

Backup Config Cisco ASA

HI there, hopefully this is a popular question with a straightforward answer.

I am just trying to attempt to backup the config of a Cisco ASA 55006-x device although it is failing with

2016-05-11 08:42:54.462 [WARNING (32)] [THREAD(2564)] [CComponentAdapter::checkAccessTypeMatchTransferProtocol()] transfer protocol does not match access type,iTransferProtocol=4,iAccessType=3
2016-05-11 08:42:54.462 [WARNING (32)] [THREAD(2564)] [CComponentAdapter::isDevSupportServiceAction()] transfer protocol does not match access type,ServiceName = ConfigBackup,commandName=Custom,iTransferProtocol=4,iAccessType=3
2016-05-11 08:42:54.463 [ERROR (18)] [THREAD(2564)] [CComponentAdapter::isDevSupportServiceAction()] fail to call getDevAdapterName().DevID=315,ServiceName = ConfigBackup
2016-05-11 08:42:54.463 [WARNING (32)] [THREAD(2564)] [CComponentAdapter::checkAccessTypeMatchTransferProtocol()] transfer protocol does not match access type,iTransferProtocol=4,iAccessType=3
2016-05-11 08:42:54.463 [WARNING (32)] [THREAD(2564)] [CComponentAdapter::isDevSupportServiceAction()] transfer protocol does not match access type,ServiceName = ConfigBackup,commandName=ICC,iTransferProtocol=4,iAccessType=3
2016-05-11 08:42:54.463 [ERROR (43)] [THREAD(2564)] [CComponentAdapter::isDevSupportServiceAction()] fail to call getDevAdapterName().DevID=315,ServiceName = ConfigBackup

I have tested the SSH details against the device from the IMC portal and that returns fine with the associated "Password + Super Password" as the authenication mode.

The default file transfer setting is SCP and on the Cisco device i have enabled SCP "ssh scopy enable".

Edit, looking into this further from the "Device Capability list" it would seem that this model does not support SFTP nor SCP but just  TFTP and FTP. Is this limitation determined by the device or the managment software (IMC)?

2 REPLIES 2
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

My guess is that IMC is trying to use the wrong adapter for your device, possibly the default CiscoSNMP adapter.

Looking at the CiscoASA adapter, it offers TFTP, SCP and CLI. It doesn't use FTP. 

What is the sysObjectID for that ASA? Check <imc>/server/conf/adapters/ICC/Cisco/adapter-index.xml. Check that your sysObjectID is in the CiscoASA section. 

If it's not in there, add it. Restart IMC, and re-synchronise your ASA, then re-run the backup.

If it is in there, something else is going on. What error messages do you get within IMC when you run a backup? What other logs do you see in imcfgbakdm*?

DPS_IT
Advisor

Hi Lindsay,

Sorry about my belated reply although your instructions allow this and other Cisco security appliances to be backed up using IMC successfully.

I just needed to update the adpater-index.html, restart the server and resync the device in order for it to work.

Thank you