5770 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CFGMAN/5/CFGMAN_CFGCHANGED help

Mitcheb
Occasional Contributor

CFGMAN/5/CFGMAN_CFGCHANGED help

Hi, 

We have deployed HPE comeware 5130's and have started to get the following error messages filling up our logs on the swicthes:

CFGMAN/5/CFGMAN_CFGCHANGED: -EventIndex=6058-CommandSource=snmp-ConfigSource=startup-ConfigDestination=running; Configuration is changed.

This doesn't appear to be happening on all of our switches, the vast majority report and fill the logs of it but a few do not have these alerts at all. 

We have deployed IMC to manage the switches. Is this an alert being triggered on the switch because of a trap configured on IMC that needs investigating. Or is this an alert due to switch config. 

Just would like some light shed on what the actual error is informing us about. 

Regards 

Mitcheb

3 REPLIES 3
pattap
Regular Advisor

It seems your IMC is taking backup and/or saving running config on the switches.

In your IMC go to Service>configuration centre>backup history report, if IMC is indeed taking backups you should see a list of tasks, times, dates etc. Cross reference that with your logs on the switches

Mitcheb
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help. 

when I look at the backups taken from IMC it doesn't link up with all the notifications I am getting in my logs on the switches. 

I believe this is casued because of the switches running_config changing very often (for example a port being up then being down this is a change in the configuration file). 

Is there anyway in order to stop these alerts filling the logs in the swicthes?

SainiG
Occasional Visitor