IMC
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I adjust how often certain devices are polled? And is there a Pulling Queue I can monitor?

Vince00
Occasional Advisor

Can I adjust how often certain devices are polled? And is there a Pulling Queue I can monitor?

As the subject states, if I have added custom SNMP devices to IMC (Example UPS's) can I adjust how frequently they are pulled?  Having the network pull every 1 min to a device is overkill so I wanted to turn the queue for certain items down to say every 5 or 10 min's for some devices.

In addition, is there a queue that I can see the current pulling queue and when the next occurence is?

2 REPLIES
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: Can I adjust how often certain devices are polled? And is there a Pulling Queue I can monitor?

Yes, for each device, on the Device Details page, you can change the polling interval. 

<edit>

And no, I don't know of any polling queue that you can easily access. It's probably in the DB somewhere, but I don't think it's easily accessible. 

Pack3tL0ss
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I adjust how often certain devices are polled? And is there a Pulling Queue I can monitor?

As Lindsay mentioned - in the device details page --> right menu, expand Configure-->modify polling interval

To make a polling interval change for multiple devices: resource --> batch operation --> modify polling interval.

You can see the time of the last poll in the device details page for a device in the top section "Last Poll", then calculate the time of the next poll based on the polling interval.

Thanks,

PL