5320 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can IMC be used for ZTP of Aruba CX switches

Simon138
Occasional Visitor

Can IMC be used for ZTP of Aruba CX switches

Hi,

I would like to ask if it is possible to use IMC ZTP flow process for the Aruba OS and Comware switches on the Aruba CX switches?

I understand that IMC uses some default parameters for ZTP. One of them is telnet. If I am not mistaken, telnet server is not available on the CX switch. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Milenkova
HPE Pro

Hello Simon,

For ZTP you have the following prerequisits:

"Before powering on a zero-configuration device, the network administrator must configure on the DHCP server the address pool, gateway, DNS server, domain name, TFTP server for IMC, initial configuration file name, and timeout period."

TFTP is supported by iMC and  Aruba OS CX aswell.

If file transfer to the OS-CX device is over a non-default vrf (eg mgmt),  ypu should onfigure a VRF name in Service -> Configuration Management -> Option -> VPN Options, VPN instance name

For adding auto deployment device ,  you have some options,  which are optional like deploy software , cli Script etc. 

However you will need to have valid snmp credentials .Aruba OS CX devices are snmp read only however.

For SNMP V2 you will need to configure a blank write community string in IMC:

SSH protocol is also supported by iMC Auto deployment.

Hope this will hellp you further,

Regards,

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Simon138
Occasional Visitor

Hi Milenkova

Thanks very much for the reply. This has been helpful.

Regarding the initial configuration file., the SNMP and Telnet parameters are fixed on IMC when I select a new configuration template. As CX does not support telnet server, will this affect the subsequent ADP process? 

Regards.

Milenkova
HPE Pro

Hello there ,

You are correct . Obviously it won't work ,as we are not able to change the access parameters.

I would advise you to open a case with support to get it supported.

Regards,

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Chris_L23
Occasional Visitor

IMC can run cli script on startup which define snmp write community.