New Discussion юеВ

Can't start HP-IMC after rebooting server

SOLVED
Go to solution
hungnguyen24068
Regular Visitor

Can't start HP-IMC after rebooting server

Dear Sirs,

I can't start HP IMC server server 7.3 (E0506P09) after rebooting server. Anyone please help me, some below information can help you to understand clearly about situation:

- In Oct 2019, i upgrade from version 7.3 (E0506P03) to 7.3 ( E0506P09) successfully and it worked normally until 20th-Feb-2020.

- In night of 20th Feb 2020, the server was hang hence i restarted the server and after that i can't access HP IMC 

When i try to start service " HP iMC Server" in service.msc, I got an alrm notification as below: "Windows could not start the HP iMC service on Local Computer". 

Also, I can't open HP Deployment Monitoring Agent. each time, I opent HP DMA i got a message " Connecting to system service HPE iMC Server failed. Please check if this service already started, if so, try to restart this service".

Thank you so much

2 REPLIES 2
jguse
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Can't start HP-IMC after rebooting server

Hello,

HP iMC Server (called Intelligent Management Server on newer versions) is the service that controls the Deployment Monitoring Agent, so if that won't start, you will not be able to open DMA as you already noticed.

Please check the Windows Event Viewer's Application Logs after failing to start the service. That should contain more details about why the service cannot start. Do you see any relevant warnings or errors in there?

Another thought is that you might have run out of disk space, have you checked this?

If it's urgent, please open a support case so we can investigate this properly.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
hungnguyen24068
Regular Visitor

Re: Can't start HP-IMC after rebooting server

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your feedback. I understood your explaination.

Actually, we had full windows backup in the past. Now, We recover by this backup and the system is working.

Thank a lot.