7036 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can you help update in iMC ......?

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Can you help update in iMC ......?

Hi

can you help update switch 4800 from iMC ? I now the how to it but there two file .bin .btm my problem is the second file .btm how to replace it from iMC I have 70 switch so I need to update them all at once.

thank you

25 REPLIES 25
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Import the files into IMC.  When importing, you can select either device software, or Boot Manager. Import the files separately.

Then go through the software deployment process, selecting both device software, and Boot ROM. 

Don't deploy it to all 70 devices at once. Do it in batches, and test it out thoroughly first.

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hi

thank you for replay I tired that but the old Boot Manager will not delete I must login the switch and delete it,

I want ask do you mean  Boot ROM = .btm file ??

If the the case I can't find the  Boot ROM when I click select ? How can I make the iMC see it ??

Thank you

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Yes, the Boot ROM is the *.btm file.

I don't understand " I tired that but the old Boot Manager will not delete I must login the switch and delete it"

What were the EXACT steps you went through to get to that point?
MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hi

I now what was wrong never mind the " I tired that but the old Boot Manager will not delete I must login the switch and delete it,

but I now have another Problem when I update the switch it say Failed you can see it in the attachment file

it say ((The device cannot recognize the uploaded device software.)) I pretty sure I have the right software my switch is JD010A HP 4800-48G SWITCH

I download from this link:

-----------------------------

https://h10145.www1.hp.com/Downloads/DownloadSoftware.aspx?SoftwareReleaseUId=10373&ProductNumber=JD007A&lang=en&cc=uk&prodSeriesId=&SerialNumber=&PurchaseDate=

-----------------------------

so what is the Problem ??

Thank you

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Try manually installing the software on a switch, and see what happens. You might have a corrupted download, or some other issue.

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hi

I try manually  installing and work fine

Thank you

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Next step is probably to try deploying it, and then look at the logs under <imc>/server/conf/log, to work out what's going on, and why it's failing.

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hi

Sorry for late replay I was busy then there was holiday,

I want ask which I check there is many file ?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Look for imccfgupdm* - it might be worth trying the update again, and then looking at the latest output.