1752579 Members
4385 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clearing Down Alarms

kjones1
Occasional Advisor

Clearing Down Alarms

I have a newly installed version of IMC enterprise edition and it have picked up a ^&%* load of network errors. I am trying to tackle each one of these one by one but I am inundated with alarms every day. What I would like to know is if there├втВмтДвs a way of doing a ├втВм┼Уacknowledge all alarm├втВм and ├втВм┼Уrecover all alarms├втВм . This will allow me to clear down the messages until I get this to an acceptable level and then they can be managed as they should be.

4 REPLIES 4
rafter_1
Advisor

Hi, you can filter out traps so you don't get the alarms if that's any help? I do that for up-downs of end stations cause its annoying when people reboot or turn off at the end of the day and its an alarm.

kjones1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for you reply rafter but it├втВмтДвs not quite what I am looking for.

That issue with up/downs is another issue in its own right for me. I have ├втВм┼Уundo enable snmp trap updown├втВм configured on a 4500 26-port running V3.03.00s56 but I am still seeing the **** things appearing in IMC.

What I was really looking for was a way to baseline (empty) the database or even better do a global acknowledge all and global recover all. This way I don├втВмтДвt loose the info but it takes it back to a manageable situation (visually) each day until I get this a these issues under control and resolved permanently!!!

I can see situations where emptying the DB might be useful as well as a quick clear down alarms situation might come in handy so I would be a little surprised if this couldn├втВмтДвt be done.

rafter_1
Advisor

In that case, I'd use the export, within system configuration. When you use export, it removes it from the database, you can do this for logs and/or alarm (and other datat - like your requiring).

This will get you down to the beginning and can deal with the alarms as they arrive.

Hope that helps!

kjones1
Occasional Advisor

Rafter your a star.

However, if this is excatly what it does, 3Com should start selling that as a feature as anywhere else thats called a BUG!!!

Cheers mate.